Monday, September 15, 2014

Terrible rainstorm.

       I will talk about a rainstorm that happened in Brazil in January, twelve, 2011. This terrible nutural event happend in some cities of the Rio de Janeiro state, but before start this history I need introduce for you some characteristics of this region. This region in Brazil called " Região Serrana do Rio de Janeiro '', in others words it is a region composed by chain of mountains, I think now it is more easy for you understanding what occured in this cities of Rio de Janeiro state.

        In Terezopólis, Nova Friburgo and Petropólis ( Cities of Rio de Janeiro State ) rained in two days the expected for the all month of January. When this rainstorm arrived in these cities, many people lived near or in mountains; so unfortunately landslip happend. A lot of people reported seeing streets turn into rivers and houses disappeared in the middle of mixture of water and earth.

        About 257 people died in this terrible event, and many familes had your house damaged from the rainstorm. The goverment of Brazil created a emergency program in order to help this people, about 758 millions of Reais ( The name of the money in Brazil ) were spent to provide now houses or fixed many problens in these cities.

        All Brazilians will never forgot this event, I put a link of a video that provide some idea of this terrible rainstorm.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1mrC_712ZY

1 comment: